News Posts‎ > ‎

Please Note

posted Jul 8, 2010, 7:49 PM by Hamish Dobson   [ updated Jul 8, 2010, 8:08 PM by Jim Tittsler ]
Amateurs might like to check out the "Internet connected radio" news item on the NZART web page. Any radio transmissions made when an amateur licence holder is not present are not covered by the GURL licence and require a licence similar to a repeater or beacon. This includes APRS home or vehicle stations and the use of an RF link to connect the IRLP equipment to a repeater.

If the MED move to stop overseas amateurs operating through NZ systems such as repeaters or other amateur stations via the internet it would seem likely to put an end to overseas contacts via IRLP, Echolink and DStar.