News Posts‎ > ‎

2010-05-07 Whakapunake Pole Resiting

posted Jun 11, 2010, 3:31 PM by Jim Tittsler
Heard that confirmation has been received that no consent is required for the re-siting of the pole, that approval has been given subject to obtaining an access permit (under action) and that the required vehicle and operator will be available. Much thanks to Ian, Alan and Douglas who have done so much. Cross fingers and hold breath and hope fine weather continues because if it all comes off total cost to the branch will be only that of new cable and connectors for almost everything we wanted done at the site thanks to many amateurs and others who have given so freely of their time, equipment and skills.

Please note that this has no affect on the 30th of June 2011 deadline for equipment removal unless the situation changes but the new coax and cables are still needed and will be usable wherever in the long term the equipment is located.